Amidst the social distancing of the current day, I can definitely say that my snack-y alter ego has really reared her pretty head 🙂 I still have to stick to being a Weight Watching girl though, so I must keep all things into consideration hence the recipes I’ve posted for peanut butter cookies, brownies, and yummy shakes. This time, I put a spin on my Weight Watcher- friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe, and now I’m in Sugar Cookie Heaven!
Each sugar cookie from this recipe is about 2 points on Weight Watchers Freestyle or the Blue program on the current Weight Watchers format. This means I can eat two or three of them and really feel like I’m doing something when I’ve only consumed about 4-6 points! If you’re strictly a calorie counter, it comes out to around XX calories per cookie.
Now let me also be totally transparent on these stats y’all…these cookies are like two-bite cookies. If you’re familiar with Kroger stores “Hot Ones” little small sugar cookies from back in the day, that’s where I’m taking you with these… Again, sugar cookie heaven…
- Soft and they stay that way
- Quick to make
- Dough can be pre-dropped and frozen so you can have quick fresh baked cookies in a moment’s notice
Ready for a recipe??…
Sugar Cookie Heaven
Yields approximately 60 cookies at 2 points each
- 3/4 cup of butter flavored shortening ( I like to use the Crisco sticks)
- 1 &1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, combine shortening, sugar, vanilla extract and milk with electric mixer until well mixed.
- Next, beat in egg.
- Combine all remaining dry ingredients in a small bowl or large glass measuring cup.
- Slowly add dry mix to wet mix blending on low until just mixed together well.
- Using a TEASPOON or a TEASPOON scoop, scoop small ball of dough and place onto cookie sheet. ( I can typically fit 20 cookies onto one sheet at a time)
- Bake for 8 minutes then remove from oven. (Cookies will still appear puffed up until the next step)
- Allow to rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring entire sheet of parchment paper with cookies still resting to a cooling rack.
- Try not to eat the whole sheet of cookies…it kinda defeats the stats…lol.