Yes…you’re still on the right blog. I said keep eating bagels. Even on Weight Watchers, I’ve still been able to eat bagels thanks to the ever-so-popular 2-ingredient dough recipe that anyone who has done Weight Watchers is all too familiar with, buuuuutttt….I bake mine in the air fryer! I’ll give you the recipe if you’ve never seen it before, but first, how about just a few pics of the process….
2 Ingredient Bagels
Yields: 4 bagels; 3 WW Freestyle points each
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- egg wash
- Mix flour and yogurt together with a spoon until dough is formed (warning it might be sticky so be prepared with flour to dust your hands)
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions
- Roll each portion of dough out to form a log (like you’re going to roll a pretzel)
- Form the dough logs into individual circles (as shown in the air fryer pan in the pic above). Try your best to press ends together to make the circle stay put. Then, place them into the air fryer tray.
- Brush each bagel with the egg wash.
- Bake for 10 min at 350 degrees in air fryer.
- Let cool for a minute before taking them out (I usually have to use a fork to get them out. I suppose you could spray the air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray to avoid that).
I usually slice mine open with a bread knife and toss each half into the toaster for a minute or two. Then, I spread about a teaspoon total of Country Crock Light on each side and about a tablespoon of whatever jam I’m feeling. Those two things add an extra point or two…but it’s worth it!
I also made enough of them to last me the whole week of having one per day at the most if I want. To keep them fresh, I keep them in a plastic sealed plastic bag in the fridge.
Have you made anything with this 2 ingredient dough? What are some of your favorite things to do with it? Let me know in the comments…