If it’s one thing that just makes the meat, the potatoes, the rice, pretty much anything taste better; it’s some tasty gravy :-). For years, I struggled with how to accomplish this if it wasn’t a gravy that I crafted from pan drippings, flour, and some sort of liquid and seasonings. If I’m not starting off frying some chicken or steak, where would the gravy come from?
If I want some quick gravy right now, how can I do it? Ta-da…welcome gravy in a pinch…
Yep, still Weight Watchers Friendly…
You don’t think I’d let myself off the hook that easily, do you? As with most of the meals I cook for myself at home, I’m always keeping those points in mind hence keeping the fat and carb content on my radar. Back in the day, I would whip this together with no modifications. Nowadays, I modify and it comes out to just 1 freestyle point per 1/4 cup serving. Pretty simple to do too. It’s only 3 simple ingredients: cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and beef broth. Quick items to add to your pickup or delivery 🙂
I know…you’re in a rush. Let’s get started!
- 1 10.5 oz can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- A single packet of Onion Soup Mix
- 1 14.5 oz can reduced sodium beef broth
Instructions (yields 8 servings of 1/4 cup each):
- Combine all ingredients into medium saucepan and mix until well combined with a whisk
- Bring to a boil over high heat stirring occasionally
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes